books I've read

Anne Hawn's books

Who Moved My Cheese?
If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans
Scientific Secrets for Self-Control
Just One Damned Thing After Another
The Vanishing
Exercises in Knitting
The Good Dream
The Very Best of Edgar Allan Poe
The Chosen
BT-Kids' Knits
Talking God
The Professor
The Christmas Files
The Finisher
Home Decor for 18-Inch Dolls: Create 10 Room Settings with Furniture and 15 Outfits with Accessories
Dracula and Other Stories
A New Song
Christy
All Quiet on the Western Front
File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents


Anne Hawn Smith's favorite books »

I'm reading 150 Books

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Murder at the Opera (Capital Crimes, #22)


Murder at the Opera (Capital Crimes, #22)Murder at the Opera by Margaret Truman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read any of Margaret Truman's mysteries for a long time and was pleasantly surprised at this one. I picked it out because I am studying opera with my 10 year old granddaughter whom I homeschool and I was looking for something that would give a feel for how an opera was staged.

This book deals with a young soprano who is killed in the first chapter and it veers off to a terrorist cell and an 8 year murder in which a manuscript disappeared.  The manuscript was alleged to be a composition in which Mozart an Handel corroborated.  The various threads do come together and the mystery is summed up in the last chapter.

I enjoyed the background on the Opera and the Opera Ball and what has to happen when the President appears at a social function.  It was fascinating to see what goes on behind a simple appearance at a ball or a trip to a restaurant entails.


View all my reviews

No comments: