books I've read

Anne Hawn's books

Who Moved My Cheese?
If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans
Scientific Secrets for Self-Control
Just One Damned Thing After Another
The Vanishing
Exercises in Knitting
The Good Dream
The Very Best of Edgar Allan Poe
The Chosen
BT-Kids' Knits
Talking God
The Professor
The Christmas Files
The Finisher
Home Decor for 18-Inch Dolls: Create 10 Room Settings with Furniture and 15 Outfits with Accessories
Dracula and Other Stories
A New Song
Christy
All Quiet on the Western Front
File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents


Anne Hawn Smith's favorite books »

I'm reading 150 Books

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My ipod

Last night I downloaded 11 books from my public library and put them on my ipod. I am just awed at the technology available to us today. Here I am with this little silver thing in my hand that is not much larger than an opened gum wrapper and it contains the contents of 11 whole books. I pictured myself walking out of the library with my bookbag full of the actual books and lugging them home just to let this sink in.

I use Goodreads website to list my books and write reviews. When I am finished, I copy the html to this blog. Rather than record the books when I am finished reading them, I am setting them all to "currently reading" as soon as I download them. When I looked at my list it looked a little like my junior year in college when I was taking 3 literature classes and 2 history classes. We read a book a week for each lit classes and both of the history classes had a ton of outside reading. I have never read so much in my life! Fortunately, I can have as long as I want to read the books, but the list does look intimidating.

No comments: